Meknes Regional Laboratory for Analysis and Research (LRARM)
Laboratory activities by section :
The Animal Health section, which consists of the Bacteriological Diagnostic Unit, the Parasitology-Entomology Unit, the Rabies Diagnostic Unit, and the Serology-Immunology Unit, ensures the etiological diagnosis of animal diseases of bacterial origin, viral or parasitic.
* Analytical activities in Bacteriological Diagnosis :
- Animal autopsies (poultry, rabbits, carnivores and small ruminants),
- Microbiological research using cadavers, organs and pathological products.
- The main diseases sought are: brucellosis, tuberculosis, paratuberculosis, salmonella, pasteurellosis, listeriosis, enterotoxemies, anthrax, abscess disease, mastitis, metritis, colibacillary infections, European and American rags and different bacterial septicemia.
- Achievements of the Antibiograms.
*Analytical activities in Parasitology/ Entomology :
- Research and enumeration of parasites and haemophilitis in animals,
- Research of varroasis in bees,
- Entomological Monitoring: Sorting and Identification of Culicoid Vector Insects
*Analytical Activities in Virological Diagnosis :
- Experimental diagnosis of rabies by IF technique
- Preparation of samples for virological research.
*Analytical Activities in Serology- Immunology:
- Serological diagnosis of bacterial or viral animal diseases by different techniques (Agglutination, Complement fixation reaction, ELISA, IDG): Brucellosis, Paratuberculosis, Chlamydiosis, CAEV, Visna meadi, Blue Tongue, Avian mycoplasmas, Salmonella, Enzootic bovine leucosis, Infectious bovine rhinotracheitis, Equine viral arteritis,
- Serological testing of animal diseases during animal acquisition operations (National Human Development Initiative, Bovine Imports)
- Sero-epidemiological investigations at the level of the area of action of the Laboratory which almost covers that of 3 Regional Directorates of the ONSSA.
The Food Hygiene Section, which consists of the Food Microbiology Unit, and the Chemistry-Toxicology Unit, ensures the control of the microbiological and chemical quality of food (Self Controls and Official Controls).
*Activities in Food Microbiology :
- Research and enumeration of germs for the microbiological control of foods such as milk and milk products, meat products, fishery and fish products, as well as bacteriological analyses of waters used in the agro-industrialin poultry and fish farms,
- Surveillance plan: Research of residues in sheep meat by antibacterial activity according to the method of 4 boxes.
* Activities in Chemistry -Toxicology :
- Control of the chemical quality of food and research of the chemical composition of food (Milk and dairy products; Meat, meat products and fishery products; Canned and semi-preserved products; Water; Animal feed;….),
- Toxicological research by CCM,
- Detection of sulphonamide residues in meat by thin-layer chromatography.
The Quality- Metrology section, which is responsible for setting up the quality management system according to NM ISO 17025.