Veterinary health control of animal and animal products and feed
The veterinary services of the Office National de Sécurité Sanitaire des Produits Alimentaires (ONSSA) ensure the sanitary control of animal and animal products of origin (PAOA) intended for human consumption, feed and animal by-products (SP). They ensure the control and sanitary monitoring of the conditions of production, storage, preparation, processing, transport and sale of these products.
Health control of animal and animal products has specificities linked to the nature of these products and is characterised by:
– control from upstream to downstream: from the farm to consumption;
– preventive control: the approval or authorisation of establishments, the monitoring of the conditions of treatment, handling, storage and transport of PAOA, feed and SP, a pre-market inspection and verification of manufacturing processes.
– A local and daily activity: health inspection of meat at slaughterhouse level, inspection at border inspection posts and the issue of veterinary health certificates for the placing of products on the market and for export.
– Fraud prevention activities: the veterinary inspector is an agent of fraud prevention in the control of animal products and animal origin.
For quality and safety control of PAOA, feed and AOC, veterinary services:
– Ensure the health and quality surveillance of animal products intended for human consumption from the places of production (livestock, stables, farms, etc.) to the place of sale (markets, butchers, fishmongers, dairies, supermarkets, wholesale markets, grocery stores, etc.) including places of preparation, processing, processing, packaging or storage ( slaughterhouses, boats, fishing ports, market halls, sausages, shore-based factories for fishery products, establishments, warehouses, etc.);
– Health certification of PAOA, feed and SP;
– Establish and implement residue monitoring plans and control plans for PAOA and feed;
– carry out analytical investigations, tests and laboratory investigations to verify the conformity of animal products or products of animal origin;
– Carry out the approval or authorisation in terms of health and the monitoring of processing establishments for PAOA, feed and SP;
– carry out an evaluation of the system of self-checking and verification of its establishment at the level of establishments subject to health approval;
– ensure the control of products intended for animal feeding and the approval or authorisation and monitoring of establishments processing such products;
– Veterinary health approval for trucks and machinery used for international or national transport of perishable foodstuffs;
– Ensure veterinary health controls at the import and export border crossings of PAOA, feed and SP;
– ensure the application of veterinary animal health measures;
– Contribute to the development of legislation and regulations to ensure and ensure the safety of PAOA, feed and CWS;
– Contribute to the development of Moroccan standards for animal and animal products and all animal products in consultation with the professions concerned with a view to promoting the quality of those products.