Presentation of the Questions SPS
The management of SPS/TBT issues is provided by the Division of Standardization and SPS Issues (DNSPS) – SPS Monitoring Service & Market Access at ONSSA (SVSPS).
These issues related to SPS Watch and Market Access under ONSSA are organized around eight axes.
- Ensure the monitoring of notifications of SPS measures from third countries and their communication to the technical services of ONSSA and third parties;
- Contribute to the formulation of equivalences and recognition of the Moroccan SPS system by third countries;
- Be the national information point for the implementation of the SPS/WTO Agreement;
- Provide the secretariat of the National SPS Committee (Decree no. 2-10-122 of 6 July 2010;
- Monitor the implementation of SPS agreements between ONSSA and third countries;
- Represent the board on departmental committees responsible for negotiating trade agreements and monitor decisions taken;
- Coordinate SPS negotiations within ONSSA;
- Explore SPS market access requirements.
As an SPS Information Point, ONSSA undertakes to notify national SPS measures, respond to comments and requests for information made by WTO Members and their interested parties on such measures.
OMC agreements: “The OMC is rules-based; these rules are negotiated agreements”
- OMC SPS Agreement
- OMC OTC Agreement
- OMC Agreement on Trade Facilitation :