The veterinary drug is a very important factor in the health of the herd. Its use must be strictly controlled because, if it is to be effective above all, it must in no case constitute a risk to the animal, to the consumer of animal or animal products or to the environment. Veterinary medicinal products may therefore be used only after they have received a marketing authorization. Such authorization may be issued by the competent authorities only after a thorough examination of the dossier, together with an analysis of the products subject to authorization.
- Analytical and microbiological expertise of veterinary drugs, including vaccines, farm biocides and feed additives;
- Analysis of residues of veterinary medicinal products in animal and animal products;
- Contribution to research in the field of veterinary pharmacy and veterinary drug residues research;
- Diagnosis of certain animal diseases (rabies and HPAI).
- Analytical control of the veterinary drug (anti-parasitic, antibiotic, vitamins, vaccines, etc.);
- Research into residues of veterinary medicinal products in animal and animal products.
• Microbiological control of vaccines;
• Control of bacterial and fungal sterility for injectables and the level of microbial contamination of veterinary drugs and oral solutions and suspensions;
• Microbiological titration of antibiotics;
• Control of the bactericidal, fungal and virucidal activity of biocidal livestock products;
• Research of antibiotic residues in animal and animal food;
• Control of live and inactivated antiviral vaccines of animal species.
Diagnosis section :
• Diagnosis of rabies;
• Diagnosis of avian influenza.
Animal store section:
• Production and breeding of laboratory animals (mice, sheep, guinea pigs and rabbits);
• Management of the SPF chicken farm (eggs, day-old chicks);
• Breeding and management of experimental animals (ruminants, etc.);
• Implementation and monitoring of animal testing;
Maintenance and Metrology Section:
• Maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment;
• Development and completion of preventive maintenance schedules;
• Maintenance store management;
• Interfacing with external service providers;
• Monitoring the fleet of devices that deliver measurements (scales, refrigerators, freezers, ovens, thermometers, micropipettes, timers, etc.)
• Implementation, management and monitoring of the quality system;
• Preparation, organisation and management of all quality documents (Quality Manual, procedures, instructions, etc.);
• Organization of internal audits as requested by management;
• Preparation of the management review.
Health and Safety Function
• Hygiene and cleanliness of laboratory premises;
• The safety of buildings, property and people;
• Proper operation and maintenance of safety equipment;
• Proper application of the waste disposal procedure.